Volunteers are essential in the success of any great event, and the Summerfest Rock 'n Sole Run is no exception! It will take over 750 volunteers to ensure the safety, accuracy, fun and the highest level of organization necessary to produce the event.
Participation Age Requirements
Volunteers must be at least 12 years of age to participate and those under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult (21 years of age or older).
- If you are a group (25 or more) and interested in staffing and managing one of the ten Water Stations, please contact Kat Hawkins at Kat@VisionEventManagement.com.
Friday PM Packet Pick-up
- Help greet runners, distribute t-shirts, race information or provide directional assistance during the Summerfest Rock ‘n Sole Run Health & Fitness Expo.
- Course Marshals will direct participants along the route and be there to support and cheer them on.
Start Line Volunteers
- Help prepare the Start Line for participants and get them placed in their proper starting corral.
Finish Line Runner Services
- Greet runners as they cross the Finish Line! Hand out medals, distribute food and serve as Finish Line Assistants.
- Work in the Results Tent to provide racers their unofficial results, post official results when they become available and manage foot traffic, or help runner’s keep track of their gear at Gear Check. Licensed Massage Therapists are also needed to provide post-race massages.
- Experienced cyclists are needed to escort the lead runners in each event along the route.
Summerfest Rock ‘n Sole Run Volunteers will receive the following:
- Official 2013 Summerfest Rock ‘n Sole Run Volunteer T-shirt
- One (1) complimentary 2013 Summerfest General Admission ticket; valid any day of Summerfest 2013
Interested in earning an additional Summerfest ticket? Sign up for a pre-race day volunteer assignment in addition to one on race day!
Register now to volunteer and get more information on available opportunities.
Companies and Groups
Did somebody say TEAM-BUILDING?! Your organization, group or company can enjoy team-buliding while supporting our community. Please contact us and we will find the right opportunity for your group.
Have questions or need additional information? Please email our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.