New in 2014, the first annual Kids Run to Read will allow kids ages 6 - 12 to participate in a one mile race that will finish at the same Finish Line as the Summerfest Rock ‘n Sole Run. In its inaugural year, the race will be capped at 250 registered participants.
Just Announced – 2014 Course Changes
New Start Line Location
Runners will start the Summerfest Rock ‘n Sole Run facing south on the corner of Young Street and Erie Street in the Third Ward and will finish in the same location as previous years near the Summerfest South Gate.
Half and Quarter Marathon Course Modifications
Course modifications for the half and quarter marathon routes will take runners south on First Street into the Bay View neighborhood along Bay Street, where they will then run over the Hoan Bridge heading north before the routes separate. After runners exit the Hoan Bridge, the half marathon route will continue along Lake Michigan, through Lakeshore State Park and behind the Marcus Amphitheater toward the Finish Line near the South Gate. The quarter marathon runners will head east, through the Summerfest Grounds toward the same Finish Line.
5k Course Modifications
The 5k route will take runners south on First Street before turning around to head east on National Avenue and north back to the Third Ward before making a final turn onto Erie Street toward the Finish Line near the South Gate. In 2014, the 5k route will not utilize the Hoan Bridge.
The Summerfest Rock ‘n Sole Run is a USATF certified course and will be official chip timed.
"Take It To The Bridge!"
- Registration includes One FREE Summerfest General Admission ticket, valid any day during Summerfest 2014 ($18 value)
- Finishers Medal for All Participants
- Tech Shirt for Half and Quarter Marathon Finishers (Men's and Women's sizing)
- Exceptional Course Support (featuring 10 aid stations)
- Great Post-Race Party (Enjoy live music on the Summerfest Grounds)
- One FREE Beer for Registered Participants
- One FREE ticket to Polish Fest, happening June 13 - 15
Join the M2 challenge!
- Sign up for the Summerfest Rock 'n Sole Run Half Marathon and the Madison Mini Marathon to complete the M2 Challenge and receive a third additional medal